Several enhancements and improvements to our standard operating procedures will be made prior to the first day of school to ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Some of these changes will be very visible to members of our school community, while others will be more behind-the-scenes or take place after regular school hours.
- SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED AIR QUALITY: The heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in all campus buildings are undergoing significant upgrades, with state-of-the-art bipolar ionization technology installed on all air handler systems. With this technology in place, all airborne particles will be reduced, odors will be neutralized, energy will be saved, and most pathogens, including bacteria, mold spores, and viruses, will be killed. We have tested this technology in our buildings and have been able to verify air quality improvements.
- CLEANING AND SANITIZING: Our stringent cleaning and sanitizing processes have increased in frequency, and all classrooms, common areas, playgrounds, and offices will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular schedule throughout each school day. All restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day. We have invested in electrostatic disinfectant sprayers to increase the effectiveness of our cleaning procedures.
- PARENTS, VOLUNTEERS, AND OTHER VISITORS: Only visitors (including parents) with scheduled appointments will be allowed into the building, and any visitor will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire and wear a face covering at all times while in the building.
- STUDENT CUBBIES AND LOCKERS: Preschool and Lower School students will use classroom cubbies and lockers for personal belongings. Middle School students will use lockers for personal belongings. For all cubbies and lockers, assignments and staggered access times will be put in place to ensure appropriate social distancing among students. The Upper School is not planning to use lockers for the upcoming school year.
- DIRECTIONAL AND OTHER SIGNAGE: Signage for appropriate social distancing, walking pathways in hallways, etc. will be placed throughout campus buildings.
Frequently asked questions will be available soon.